September 23, 2022
Back up your computer (/home) on an external drive with the programme Back in Time
- Open Back in Time
- A prompt should pop up asking you if you want to restore, click No
- A window titled Settings should pop up
- To select the drive where you want to back up, click on the folder icon in Where to save snapshots > Computer > / > media > user > (make sure the drive is mounted)
- To select /home/ folder to backup, in Settings go to the tab titled Include > Add folder > select the folder
- /home/ should be listed in Include files and folders
- Click OK
- A window titled Back in Time should pop up
- Click the Take a snapshot button to take the first snapshot.
No affiliates, No Google Analytics, No Facebook Pixel. © 2016-2022. Content is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.